New Milford Film Commission
10 Main Street, New Milford, CT 06776
Valerie Lorimer, Chairperson Filmnewmilford@gmail.com
The New Milford Film Commission meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month @ 7:00 pm in the Loretta Brickley room at the Town Hall
(on the village green).
THURS. 9/28 @ 7:30 PM or
SAT. 9/30 @ 12 Noon
Join us at BANK ST THEATER to watch the films and vote for Best Film and Best Actor!
SEPT. 30–OCT. 6, 2018
Last year’s festival was a huge success! Don’t miss all the great events for this year’s festival—go to the festival page for details:
Are you interested in filming in the Town of New Milford? Fill out our form online:
New Milford is a film friendly town with diverse landscapes and population. From our lively town center and industrial sites to rural countryside and accessible wild areas, New Milford offers a wide range of picturesque settings. The town is medium-
At Your Service....
The New Milford Film Commission will build community identity and focus by:
• Helping producers find our excellent resources.
• Assisting with any applications, permits or regulatory processes that may apply.
• Bringing focus & attention to the many diverse attractions New Milford has to offer.
• Hosting local events, such as film festivals and screenings, to generate regional publicity .
New Milford is a unique and special place!
What makes New Milford unique and special? Try these:
• A truly original, authentic and awe-
it’s the longest in Connecticut, has a beautiful old bandstand and is surrounded by period homes
• 70 miles from Times Square (87n-
• Largest Town in Connecticut: 64 square miles
• One of the highest points in Connecticut is three miles from the Town Green
• A drive-
• Multiple access points to the Housatonic River
• Two turn-
• Access to Candlewood Lake -
• Vintage railroad station and track
• Private airport with gliders and small craft
Did we mention a very active and enthusiastic Film Commission waiting to serve your every need?
We will help from crewing to catering and all stops in between!
Annual Events include:
Village Fair Days -
The New Milford Film Commission is one of the most active film commissions in the state. The town can be seen in many films including Mr. Deeds (2002), Halloween II (2009), My Soul To Take (2010), and Brilliant Mistakes (2012). The commission hosts many special events throughout the year and offers annual scholarships to promote filmmakers and filmmaking. Contact us at Filmnewmilford@gmail.com.
The New Milford Film Commission is pleased to offer college scholarships to students who are planning on pursuing a career in the field of motion pictures arts and sciences. Students must be in good standing and be either enrolled in or accepted into an accredited program to be eligible for the award. Applications must be received by April 16, 2018 Applications should be mailed to: The New Milford Film Commission, c/o Town Hall, 10 Main St, New Milford, CT 06776 or e-